Friday, June 17, 2011

AND MAY I JUST SAY.........ACUPUNCTURE - YES!

How about this!  I've had really sore neck and shoulders for 2 or 3 years, off and on, and pain in my arm for 6 months, and I can't believe it, but acupuncture seems to be the cat's pajamas for this. I've only had six treatments so far.                                                                              
I had tried a bunch of stuff on the arm pain under the assumption that it was an odd form of carpal tunnel problems, but nothing touched it. I never did have any wrist or hand pain--it was all centered in the 6" above and 6" below my elbow. I guess it may never have been carpal tunnel.                                                                                                                                                  Venoplasty last December took most of the neck and shoulder pain away for a while, but it came back and has waxed and waned a bit ever since...nothing like it had been, but still--pesky.  I cannot believe what it feels like to have almost no pain at all.                                                                                                                                                                    Others told me it did improve their MS symptoms but they would come back if the acupuncture was discontinued.  I'll have to see about that.  While I was there, my great doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine told me he wanted to needle my legs for the MS symptoms too.  What the heck--why not?  I have nothing to report there, though..it's only been a couple of times and I don't even know what to look for.  I gathered he did not think he could improve my foot drop but he did not think my Ness L300 device would interfere with the acupuncture and seemed to indicate that it was a good idea for me.                                                                                                                                                      
I found a school for acupuncture. They have an MS clinic run by the interns or you can see a doctor/instructor if you prefer.  The students are supervised and it is incredibly inexpensive.  Just a thought for people to check out in their areas.  Oh, and does it hurt?  Not at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment