Friday, December 23, 2011

THE HOLIDAYS APPROACHETH

Here we are with the entire family - kids and grandkids - in a beautiful warm spot. The girls are living in their swimsuits in the pool and Bill and I are in charge while their parents are off doing last minute shopping.                                                                                                                 
Yesterday we wore ourselves out at the grocery store, getting food for a week for all these people, but it was worth it.  I of course, had the grocery store scooter to drive around, but Bill was on foot and may I just say I  do get a teeny bit gleeful when I wear him out on an excursion!                                                                                                                                

Right now all 3 of the granddaughters are back in the steam shower washing pool chlorine out of their swimsuits and hair and giggling like maniacs. Grandpa and I are sitting in front of our daughter's ipad, poking tentatively at it and envisioning what it might do for us, should we decide to join the 21st century.                                                                                                      
I love having everyone together. I had a girl and a boy, 4 years apart in school and you know how little brothers love to bug their big sisters.  It is an understatement to say they were not close growing up and that makes their enjoyment of hanging out together at Christmas with their spouses a great sight for Mom and Dad to see.                                                                                                                                                        
Two of the granddaughters are almost teenagers now so we are entertained with their fashion discussions.  We haven't been allowed in on any of the "boy" talk yet but I'm hoping they'll forget we are here soon so we can find out what is really going on.                                                                                                                                                                   
Family means so much to me. The fact that I can still manage these get-togethers is a miracle, given my true disability level (which I ignore 99% of the time). Everyone is pitching in here, and it makes it all possible.                                                                                                                                  
Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment